Terms and Conditions
- Terms & Conditons
- Pricing & Product Availability
- Promo Codes
- Gift Wrap
- Changing Your Order
- Secure Payments
- Password Protected Account
- Return, Refunds & Exchanges
- ABC Shop VIP Rewards
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- ABC Online Copyright Notice
- Notice of Trademark
1. Terms and Conditions
- This website is owned and operated by the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABN 52 429 278 345).
- Access to and use of this website and the products and services available through this Website (collectively, the "Services") are subject to the following terms, conditions and notices (the "Terms of Service"). By using the Services, you are agreeing to all of the Terms of Service, which may be updated, suspended or terminated by the ABC without notice in the ABC's absolute and unfettered discretion. You should check this page regularly to take notice of any changes we may have made to the Terms of Service.
- You acknowledge that all products that you order through this website are intended for personal, domestic, non-commercial use only.
2. Pricing & Product Availability
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- All prices include GST, except for digital gift cards
- Except for magazine subscriptions and digital gift cards, all prices exclude delivery costs.
- Sale items are only available at the lower price whilst stocks last and during the designated sale period.
- We take all reasonable care to ensure that all details and prices of products on the ABC Shop website are correct at the time of online publication. However, we reserve the right to correct any publishing errors on the website and cancel orders made at the incorrect price.
- Some of the products and offers available on our website may not be available at ABC Centres.
- Please check the availability of the item you wish to purchase. All in stock items are promoted in good faith to be available at our warehouse at the time the order is received.
- Once we have received your order, you will receive a confirmation email confirming receipt of your order. This is not a guarantee of product availability.
- Unforeseen supply issues or unexpected demand may occasionally result in stock being unavailable. You may cancel or edit your order up until your order has been assigned to our warehouse team. Please phone 1300 360 111 or email email@example.com to make any changes.
- Please note that items such as magazine subscriptions and direct from supplier products are not available for international dispatch.
- Items marked as pre-order will generally be dispatched on the day prior to the release date. Where an order contains additional items, the entire order will be dispatched once the pre-order stock is available.
- All backorder items are promoted in good faith to be available from our suppliers at the availability indicated. Where an item is deleted from a supplier's range after we have placed an order for it on your behalf, the item will be cancelled from your order and you will be notified.
3. Promo Codes
- We may from time to time offer promotional codes which may apply in respect of any, or certain specified, purchases made though this website. The conditions of use relating to any discount code will be specified at the time of issue. Eligibility may also be based on meeting a minimum spend requirement or being a member of the ABC Shop VIP Program. When entered on the shopping cart page, the appropriate discount is deducted from the cart total or an offer, that is, a free gift with purchase, is applied. The same discount can be obtained placing an order over the phone on 1300 360 111. Offers may not be available in ABC Centres.
- In some cases the promotion will apply automatically, without the need for a promo code to be entered. The discount is recorded on the shopping cart page.
- Please note that some promo codes may have a restricted usage, and may not be combined with other promotions.
- Where a refund is issued on an order containing a promo code, the refund will match the amount tendered, net of the promo code discount.
- For more information on promo code usage, please contact ABC Shop on 1300 360 111 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Where "free delivery" is specified, the method of delivery will be at the ABC's absolute discretion.
- Free Shipping Terms & Conditions: Offer valid from 02/11/17 12:00 AM until 16/12/17 11:59 PM for free standard e-parcel delivery to the majority of Australian addresses for customers who spend $60 or more and enter the promo code SANTA at checkout.
Orders will be sent via Australia Post e-parcel for domestic deliveries only.
Last date to order online for Christmas delivery to Regional Australia, WA, SA, NT, TAS* - 11.59pm Wednesday 13th December 2017.
Last date to order online for Christmas delivery to NSW, VIC, QLD, and ACT – 11.59pm Saturday 16th December 2017.
The Christmas 2017 delivery deadlines are based on estimated delivery times for eParcel within Australia to major metropolitan centres and their surrounds. Customers who are sending orders to Regional areas of Australia and overseas are advised to order before these dates to avoid delivery disappointment. For more information on the domestic and international delivery services we offer, please go here.
We cannot guarantee that orders placed online after the above Christmas 2017 Delivery Deadlines using E-Parcel will arrive before Christmas Day nor can we foresee any carrier delays that may affect delivery.
While we will try and ensure that all our 'in stock' customer orders will be sent out in time for Christmas day we cannot foresee any delays that may affect delivery times within the postal network. Please bear this in mind before placing an order.
Orders that contain personalised products are excluded from this offer.
Orders that contain pre order, back list or out of stock items may incur delivery delays until those items are available to be sent from our warehouse. To arrange partial shipping of 'in stock' items please contact our customer care team on 1300 360 111 (extra delivery charges may apply).
We reserve the right to increase freight charges for large, bulky and/or fragile items. Customer's whose orders fall within the above criteria will be contacted before any extra freight charge is applied.
Offer not available at ABC Centres
4. Gift Wrap
- ABC Shop offers a gift wrap service for a fee for orders dispatched from our fulfilment centre. Please note that all items in the order will be gift wrapped together, in a single parcel. ABC Shop may substitute the gift wrap design based on availability.
- Gift wrap is not available on magazine subscriptions, items dispatched from other warehouses, and some bulky products.
- The gift wrap charge will be refunded where we are unable to supply a gift-wrapped product.
5. Changing Your Order
- We will do our best to accommodate you should you wish to make a change to your ABC Shop order including substitution or addition of products, upgrading to Express Post, changing the delivery address or cancelling your order. This is possible only up until your order has been assigned to our warehouse team for collating. Please phone 1300 360 111 or email email@example.com with the details of the change required.
- Please note that these changes may not be reflected in future email correspondence regarding your order.
- Please take care to ensure accuracy when entering the delivery address for your order; especially where orders are addresses to a gift recipient. Unfortunately, we are unable to redirect parcels once they have left our fulfilment centre. Where the shipping address differs from the billing address, please ensure permission is obtained for the disclosure of personal information under the Privacy Act for third party recipients.
- Delivery times on the website relate to the delivery service and do not include dispatch time. Orders placed with all stock ready to deliver will leave the ABC Shop Fulfilment Centre within 2 business days. Orders for out of stock items will be sent within 2 business days of their arrival at our Fulfilment Centre from our suppliers.
Delivery Within Australia
- The Same Day Dispatch Service guarantees same day dispatch for orders placed before 12pm on a business day, and before 12pm on the next business day following a weekend, NSW public holiday or Australia Post public holiday. The Same Day Dispatch Service uses the Express Post service and is restricted to Australian delivery addresses and where the items are in stock. Magazine subscriptions are not available for Same Day Dispatch as they are fulfilled via a third-party mailing house.
- Post-dispatch the details for your subscription are passed onto the mailing house for processing. The dispatch confirmation email indicates that the order has been processed, not that the first issue is in transit. The first issue will be received based on the time that your order was placed, which may take between four and six weeks depending on the magazine issue dates.
- On products identified as coming from an alternative warehouse, your dispatch confirmation email indicates that the order has been sent to a third party supplier to fulfil your order. Please refer to the product information for dispatch expectations from the supplier.
- ABC Shop delivers to Australian addresses using the Australia Post network. Delivery times quoted on our website refer to the time to deliver after the parcel has left our Fulfilment Centre, and have been supplied by Australia Post. ( http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-areas.html)
- The ATL or Authority to Leave service allows Australia Post to leave the parcel in a secure location if a signature cannot be obtained for delivery. Please note that the ATL service may not be available to buildings with a security entrance. In these cases, a card will be left with instructions. We cannot accept responsibility for parcels lost or damaged where the item has been left ATL as requested.
- For delivery to company addresses or workplaces, the Company Name and Floor/Level must be included in the address details.
- Please check the delivery address carefully, as parcels cannot be redirected once in transit.
- Where an order is returned to us as unclaimed, refused or insufficiently addressed, we will contact you by email for further instruction. Please note that additional delivery charges will apply to have these orders resent.
- We deliver to international addresses using a tracked service.
- DHL provides the International Courier service. This service does not extend delivery to International PO Boxes. A contact phone number for the recipient must be supplied for all International Courier orders.
- Some international orders may require additional identification before being processed and may delay dispatch of your order. We reserve the right to request additional identification prior to processing orders originating outside Australia.
- Australian tax (G.S.T.) is removed from all international orders, however please be aware that your order may be subject to local Customs duties and local taxes in the country of destination. Please check with your local authority to ascertain applicable rates. Any additional charges must be borne by the recipient.
Additional Delivery Charges
On rare occasions, we reserve the right to adjust delivery costs for large orders or bulky items. You will be contacted and asked to accept these charges before your order is dispatched. You may cancel your order at any time prior to dispatch.
Where orders contain items that are 'ready to deliver' and items that need to be ordered from a supplier, we will send your order across two or more shipments, at your request. Please note that additional delivery charges will apply, even if the order contained a free shipping promo code. The additional delivery charge will be calculated on the sub total of the items being sent, and the delivery service chosen.
Additional delivery charges may apply where a parcel has been returned unclaimed, refused or insufficiently addressed and is resent at your request.
Personalised Product Direct from Supplier
Delivery of personalised product is only available in Australia. Please allow upto 14 working days for delivery of all personalised product. A separate delivery charge applies to personalised products, as these will be shipped separately from the rest of your order and will arrive in a separate parcel.
If you have selected only personalised products in your order you will only be charged a $7.50 fee for delivery. If your order contains both personalised items as well as other order items you will be charged $7.50 postage for your personalised products along with your standard delivery fee of $7.50 for eparcel and $9.50 for Express eParcel.
7. Secure Payments
- We accept the following payment methods:
ABC Shop Website / abcshop.com.au
Visa, Mastercard, PayPal, ABC Shop Digital Gift Cards, Afterpay and ABC VIP loyalty vouchers.
1300 360 111
Visa, Mastercard, ABC Shop Digital Gift Cards, ABC VIP loyalty points
- We regret that we are unable to process sales on account, nor accept payment via direct bank deposit, Cheque, or Money Order.
- Payment is taken at the point of order placement, when all items in your order are confirmed as available they will be dispatched. Where you nominate to partially fulfil your order the payment will also be partially split across the two shipments.
- To ensure protection of your credit card details, credit card payments are processed using a secure, third party payment gateway service run by eWay This service is tier-one PCI-DSS compliant which is the industry standard for secure credit card payments. Credit card details are encrypted and cannot be accessed by ABC Shop Customer Care team https://www.eway.com.au/about-eway/technology-security
- For credit card purchases, the full amount is taken at checkout or when placing the order over the phone to verify payment details have been entered correctly.
- Details about our partner eWay and the information they capture and how the service works can be found at https://www.eway.com.au/about-eway
- Details about our partner, PayPal can be found at http://www.paypal.com.
- Details about our partner, Afterpay can be found at https://www.afterpay.com.au
- As there is sometimes a delay between placing your order and payment being taken, we appreciate that funds may not be available at the time your order is ready to be dispatched. Australian customers will receive an email requesting another method of payment. Your items will be held aside for you for 5 business days, before the order is cancelled. International customers will receive an email advising that the order has been cancelled at the time the payment is declined.
- By placing an order, you are offering to purchase items from us on and subject to the Terms of Service contained herein. The ABC Shop may accept or reject this offer at its discretion at any point up until the order is dispatched. For example, but not limited to, if the payment method appears fraudulent or the items are being purchased in commercial quantities. We reserve the right to cancel the Customer Account and VIP membership.
- In the event that a PayPal order is cancelled, the PayPal payment will be refunded.
8. Password Protected Account
- To shop at the ABC Shop website you will be required to create a password protected account. If you are a returning customer, you will be required to log onto this account.
- The password must be a minimum of eight characters, contain at least one capital letter, and one number.
- In setting up a password protected account, you agree to accept responsibility for all activity that occurs under your account or password.
- You may terminate your account at any time by contacting us on 1300 360 111 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Returns, Refunds & Exchanges
Australian Deliveries / Returns.
- We will refund, credit or exchange products in original sale condition on presentation of the original ABC Shop Online sales receipt.
- Please contact us on 1300 360 111 or by email email@example.com 14 days of receipt of your order, to advise of faulty, incorrect or omitted items and to arrange a replacement or refund prior to posting your return.
- Delivery and packaging charges are not refundable for change of mind refund. Additional delivery charges will apply for exchanges.
- Please send your return, including a copy of your receipt and a note with your instructions to:
ABC Shop Customer Care
GPO Box 9994
Sydney NSW 2001
- Where the original payment was made by ABC Shop Digital Gift Card will be issued to a new ABC Shop Digital Gift Card posted to you.
International Deliveries / Returns.
- Please contact us prior to returning goods to the ABC Shop as no goods shall be refunded without prior agreement between the recipient and/or customer and us.
- Where we have made an error on an international order, you will be asked to return the items at your own expense, to be reimbursed with a mutually agreed postage charge, after the arrival of the goods at our Fulfilment Centre, and presentation of a receipt showing the postage amount.
10. ABC Shop VIP Rewards
- The ABC Shop VIP Rewards Program is operated by the Australian Broadcasting Corporation. (ABN: 52 429 278 345)
- Participation in the ABC Shop VIP Rewards Program indicates agreement to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Only individuals may be members of the ABC Shop VIP Rewards Program.
- Each ABC Shop VIP Rewards Program member consents to the ABC using his or her personal information for the purposes of operating the ABC Shop VIP Rewards Program.
- The following information will be requested when registering a reward account:
- These details along with the member’s transaction history and mailing requests will be held on a database maintained by the ABC, and a program service provider engaged by the ABC to administer the ABC shops privacy and security policy. The service provider may be located in Australia or overseas. Under no circumstances will information be made available to any other parties or used for any other purpose unless required by law.
- Where a customer declines to provide a valid email address they accept that they will not be notified when either a reward or special offer is issued. The onus is on the member to regularly check their account for a valid reward.
- Members must keep their registration details up to date.
- First name and Surname
- Email Address and/or
- Mobile Phone Number
- Home phone number (only required when neither email address or mobile number are available).
- Members will earn 2 points for every whole $1 spent when shopping online at abcshop.com.au. Reward points not converted to a reward will expire 12 months from the date of purchase.
- In order to obtain reward points a member must be signed into their account at the time of each transaction. If the purchase is by telephone their membership number must be quoted before the purchase is concluded.
- Reward accounts including purchases and rewards will be updated the next business day and can be checked via your account at abcshop.com.au. Members should check their reward account regularly. The ABC is not responsible to advise customers of reward expiry.
- All transactions and reward amounts on the reward card accrue in the members name only and cannot be assigned, sold, refunded, transferred, exchanged or otherwise dealt with except in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Reward amounts can only be redeemed by the cardholder.
- Reward points have no cash or monetary value until a VIP member has accumulated 300 reward points within a 12-month period on his or her reward account.
- A member who has accumulated 300 reward points within a 12-month period in his or her reward account will be issued with a $10 Reward to be used online at abcshop.com.auwithin a 3 month period from the date it becomes available. Rewards will be held in a member’s account and must be used in full for a purchase at ABC Shop online or via phone by either entering the unique voucher code at the check on the ABC Shop web site abcshop.com.au, or quoting the reward card number at the time of purchase. No paper reward vouchers will be issued.
Please note that the reward must be used within 3 months from the date it becomes available. Under no circumstances will rewards be extended or re-issued if they expire.
Reward points will expire within 12 months of the transaction.
When a reward is issued, 300 points will be deducted from the rewards points’ balance of the members account with the oldest points being deducted first.
Registration in the ABC Shop VIP Rewards Program indicates a member’s agreement to receive mailings including special offer and event information, newsletters and catalogues.
When a customer joins the ABC Shop VIP Rewards Program they will not receive a physical card.
The reward card is neither a credit, debit or stored value gift card and is only to be used for purposes associated with the operation of the ABC Shop VIP Rewards Program.
The ABC Shop VIP Rewards Program does not include purchases from ABC Centres or other ABC product stockists (e.g.: other retailers).
Trade and affiliate purchases are not available for inclusion in the ABC Shop VIP Rewards Program e.g.: bulk orders, ABC orchestra staff and ABC Centre Managers. They will NOT be permitted to use their Loyalty card to accrue points in conjunction with their current discount or to take advantage of the weekly VIP offers.
The ABC Shop VIP Rewards Program excludes purchases of ABC gift cards and magazine subscriptions but includes purchases of products where ABC gift cards are redeemed.
Any disputes relating to transactions in a member’s reward account should be raised with the ABC as soon as practical. The ABC retains absolute discretion in the resolution of all disputes and the ABC’s decision is final and binding on members.
The ABC may, in its absolute discretion suspend or terminate the ABC shop VIP rewards program at any time without prior notice. The ABC will not be liable for the suspension or termination of the ABC shop VIP Rewards Program on any account whatsoever including (without limitation) for any rewards points balance in a member’s reward account at the time of suspension or termination.
Any tax, liability or duty arising from a member’s participation in the ABC shop VIP rewards program is the responsibility of the member.
The ABC shop VIP rewards card remains the property of the Australian Broadcasting Corporation and may be recalled at the reasonable discretion of the ABC at any time.
Except for prices which are subject to change without notice, we reserve the right to change, suspend or terminate these Terms and Conditions at any time subject to either notice posted at ABC Shop Online (abcshop.com.au) or by communication to customers via email as permitted under these Terms and Conditions. The ABC reserves the right to make any changes at any time to these terms and conditions and to any part of the ABC shop VIP rewards program. A current version of these Terms and Conditions will be available on the ABC Shop website abcshop.com.au. If there is any difference between the Terms and Conditions on the ABC Shop website, and those published elsewhere, the Terms and Conditions on the ABC Shop website will prevail. Subject to the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 which protects consumers, members do not rely on any representation, warranty or other provision made by the ABC or on the ABC’s behalf about the ABC Shop VIP Rewards Program which is not expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions.
ABC VIP vouchers can only be redeemed online at abcshop.com.au
- We welcome feedback and attend to all feedback and complaints promptly. For your own protection and security, please do not send your credit card details via a webform or email communication.
- You are invited to provide product reviews to assist other customers in their purchasing decisions. Product reviews will be moderated prior to publishing and may be edited or removed as per the ABC Online Terms and Conditions.
You consent to the ABC collecting and using your Personal Information for the purposes of purchase and fulfillment of your purchase.
13. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms of Service are to be construed in accordance with the laws of New South Wales, Australia and in the event of any dispute or claim associated with these Terms of Service, that dispute or claim shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of New South Wales, Australia.
14. ABC Online Copyright Notice
- ABC Materials, including pages and online images, are protected by the Copyright Laws of Australia. All rights are reserved.
- When you access the ABC you agree that you may retrieve the ABC's materials for information only. You may save a local copy or send it to your printer for your own personal use or in order to inform authorised and potential users about the ABC materials. However, you may not make any charge for such use and any commercial exploitation is expressly prohibited.
15. Notice of Trademark
The ABC logo is a registered trademark of the Australian Broadcasting Corporation. The ABC logo may not be used without the prior specific, written permission of the ABC. Last Updated: August 2013